At The Fashion Apple, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors (YES, we mean it). The Fashion Apples team members are customers themselves, of both The Fashion Apple and other internet stores – so we fully appreciate and respect how important privacy is.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/6791, the European Union’s (‘EU’) new General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). The GDPR apply as of 25 May 2018.
The information we collect from you depends on what activities you are carrying out on our website, whether you are logged in or not and whether you are making a purchase. We may collect:
- Contact information, such as name, address and telephone number – We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (it’s a bit hard to send you order if we don’t use your name and contact details!)
- Online contact information, such as your email address – We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (so you can tell when your order is coming). Also you can see our latest products and deals and to ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition.
- Purchase information, such as your email address associated with PayPal credit card details, but don’t worry, we don’t keep them. – We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, to take payment, and give refunds. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or The Fashion Apple.
- Navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the website, duration of your visit, products you viewed or searched for, items in your basket, at which stage you abandoned your basket. – We’ve got to do this to improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency) To give you the best possible shopping experience.
The information you provide is used to fulfill you specific request, namely the processing of your order of goods purchased online at www.thefashionapple.com, deal with competition entries, and obtain feedback via online surveys and to record registrations.
We do not store credit/debit card details.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to 3rd parties. We will never collect or pass on to a 3rd party any sensitive information about you without your explicit consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
The information that we hold will be accurate and up to date, based upon the most recent information you have given us. You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us or login to your account. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The main reason we collect and store your personal information is to process and deliver your orders, to authorise payment, invoice you, respond to your enquiries, get in touch with you about other products and promotional offers, recommend products we think might be of interest to you, and generally maintain the account you hold with us.
The Fashion Apple is a global business with operations inside and outside of the United Kingdom and we use suppliers and fulfillment centres located across the world. Some of these locations will not offer the same level of protection for your personal data as the UK and EU, but if we transfer your information to one of these locations we will take steps to ensure that your data and rights are protected through methods approved within the relevant Data Protection laws. Please contact us if you would like further information about how we protect your transferred information.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. If you no long wish to be a customer we delete all current information on request.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
To stop receiving messages from us at any time please do one of the following:
- Click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email or newsletter
- Contact us
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or criminal investigation. We may do so when:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions;
- Investigating fraud which has already taken place.
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please Contact us.
Still Have a Question
We are always happy to hear from you – please contact us. We will be more than happy to help. You have the right to be informed about you how your personal information is being used, access it, request correction of inaccuracies, request deletion, to stop direct marketing from us and to request we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider. And to complain to the data protection regulator in the UK – the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact us